Friday, May 20, 2022

Flat Athas Society

Occasionally I see a comment or speculation about Athas not being an Earth-like planet.  Comments range from Athas being a Mars-size planet to a flat disk. Both of which I disagree with.  I subscribe to an Earth-size Athas for all the reasons it makes sense from a physics standpoint.  I do not subscribe to a flat Athas for all the same reasons I do not subscribe to a flat Earth.  Those who do believe in a flat Athas are sometimes referred to as (Flat-Athers, Flat-Ath, etc.)  However, it should be noted that Athas does have a history of belief in a flat-Athas. Read about it in Dragon Kings page 5 under the story Uncle Tontor: A Wyrm's Tale. This story and the whole flat Earth idea inspired me to create the following graphics:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Moon Calendar Update Oct 2023